REDLANDS schools have held awards evenings to celebrate the achievements of their students.
Faith Lutheran College
Awards handed out by Faith Lutheran College went to:
- College Dux for 2016: Rhiannon Farr and Shani Winn
- Contribution to Community Award: Evelyn Duthie and Lauren Meehan-Johnson
- Australian Defence Force Long Tan Leadership Awards to Year 10: Joshua Kuskopf
- Australian Defence Force Long Tan Leadership Awards to Year 12: Nathan McClymont
- Female Sportsperson of the Year: Sharnie Bennett
- Male Sportsperson of the Year – Quinn Howell
Wellington Point State High School held its awards event on October 26 at the Chandler Theatre in the Sleeman Sports Complex.
Wellington Point State High School special award winners
- Jack Broadway (year 12) – Osprey for Academic Excellence (Dux of School 2016)
- Caitlin Thompson (year 12) – Andrew Laming MP Quiet Achiever Award
- Renee Rivers (year 10) – Vicki Schulz Encouragement Award
- Lucy Laurie (year 12) – ADF Long Tan Award
- Aiden Todd (year 10) – ADF Long Tan Award
- Nicole Keay (year 12) – Caltex All Rounder Award
- Alexandra Barton (year 12) – Rotary All Rounder Award
- David McLean (year 12) – Rotary All Rounder Award
Cleveland District High School held its awards evening at the community hall in Smith Street, Cleveland on October 25.
Cleveland District State High School special award winners
- Alex McNamara (year 7) – Dux of year 7 2016
- Brianna Palmer (year 8) – Dux of year 8 2016
- Julian Lilly-Howe (year 9) – Dux of year 9 2016
- Amelia Rowhani (year 10) – Dux of year 10 2016
- Gabrielle Boumford, Naomi Burgess, Jolly Xu (year 11) – Equal Dux of year 11 2016
- Elizabeth Hopper, Courtenay Sloman (year 12) – Equal Dux of year 12 2016
- Niamh Murphy (year 10) – Year 10 Outstanding IB Student
Angel Low was announced as dux of Sheldon College for 2016 at the school’s celebration of excellence.
She received gold academic merit awards from 2013 to 2016 and a subject excellence award for chemistry in 2015.
Angel also received first place in the Science Teachers’ Association of Queensland Contest in 2014 and was a semi-finalist in the BHP Billiton Science and Engineering Award in 2015.
She gained a ‘very high achievement’ in English, mathematics B and C, chemistry and biology this year and subject excellence for mathematics C and chemistry.
Angel was also a district athletics and cross-country representative competitor from 2013 to 2016.
Victoria Point State High School
The Vikings Sports Awards for 2016 were held at Sharks Sporting Club.
The awards acknowledge students from Victoria Point State High School who excelled in sport.
Schools are invited to send photos from awards events to add to this photo gallery. Email your photos with caption details to email@example.com.