It’s a new year and time to start working on a new lifestyle.
According to reports, more people suffered financial stress in 2017 than in previous years. There was more violence, sickness and anxiety than before.
2018 has kicked off with the government focusing on the effects of mental illness on our youth.
That tells us dealing with anxiety, stress and depression is a becoming a major problem.
Anxiety is real. It is debilitating but prescribing medication just masks what the person is feeling whereas what we need to do is address what is causing it.
To do that we need to stop trying to pretend that everything is okay.
If you suffer from anxiety, stress or depression learning how to escape the ‘anxiety trap’ that you are in, is far better long term than popping a pill that masks the feelings in the short term.
You must learn new behaviours and responses if you want to take back control.
These new behaviours must develop neural pathways in the unconscious mind and trigger off a new automatic ‘habit’ when required.
It takes repetition and practice, but it can be done. Hypnosis is a brilliant way to speed up the process.
Anxiety often shows up in our lives in addictive behaviours such as drinking too much alcohol; taking drugs; gambling; over eating; domestic violence; bullying and anti-social behaviours.
The symptoms can be very different, but the underlying cause is almost always the same; unresolved emotional trauma from the past.
The person usually unconsciously trying to sooth the pain. Over time they create a habit.
Do you relate to any of the following?
- Heart beating too fast and too hard.
- Feeling dizzy, or sick, stomach problems.
- Uncontrolled anger or outbursts of rage.
- Constantly overeating, even when not hungry.
- Feeling useless and stupid and wanting to hide away.
- Hate your ‘dead end job’ but too scared to leave.
- Constantly sad. Overwhelming sadness for no reason
- No medical reason but feeling sick.
- Suddenly crying for no apparent reason, can’t cope with constant sadness.
- Addictive behaviours such drinking, smoking, eating, gambling and sex.
If you can relate to any of the above, it is possible you suffer from anxiety, perhaps even PTSD and it is possible to take back control. If you or someone you love suffers from stress, anxiety or depression book a complimentary session with a professional hypnotherapist counsellor at Transformations Coaching & Hypnotherapy ph: 0428 229431.