Cleveland land based cafe and vessel cafes
Join an award winning tourism and transport company
Access to a range of Employee Benefits
SeaLink Travel Group is Australia’s largest land and marine, tourism and public transport service provider with established international operations.
The publicly listed group is one of Australia’s most experienced and diverse multi-modal transport businesses, boasting performance-driven capabilities across ferry, bus and light rail.
The Group is made up of SeaLink marine and tourism operations and facilities and Transit Systems group, with domestic and international public transport contracts across five Australian states and territories, as well as Singapore and London.
Globally, The Group moves more than 206 million customers per year, has over 8,900 employees and operates approximately 3,500 buses and 117 vessels.
About the Role
You may be rostered on our land-based café 'The Departure Lounge' or either of our cafes on board our larger ferries that operate between Cleveland and North Stradbroke Island.The casual hours will be 15-20 (per week) to increase to 38 during school holiday periods.
Exceptional interpersonal skills with a high level of organization are essential to this role. It is also a requirement to have excellent verbal and written communication skills, time management and requires a strong knowledge of emergency procedures.
Working in close conjunction with all crew and customers, duties will include:
- Collecting supplies from stores onsite at Cleveland between crossings from Dunwich to Cleveland
- Setting up and closing down duties
- Preparation of food
- Stocking cabinets and fridges with supplies
- Serving customers
- Making hot drinks and barista coffees
- Have an attention to detail with regard to cleaning and hygiene
- Make the customer experience on board a number one priority
- Work harmoniously within the team and remain professional at all times
- Be flexible to take on extra shifts if required (seasonal)
- Be available to be rostered during both weekdays, weekends and public holidays as necessary, including day and evening shifts
- Be available at short notice to join a shift when there is operational needs
- Experienced barista with ability to make café goods e.g. sandwiches, rolls, filled croissants, basic hot food; pies etc.
- Be well presented at all times
- High level of maturity
Skills, Qualifications & Experience
- First Aid Qualification - Desirable
- Drivers Licence
- Food and Coffee experience
- Food Safety Certificate and/or Responsible Service of Alcohol certificate will be of benefit - Essential
- Proven achievement of excellence in customer service
- Highly developed interpersonal and solution focussed skills
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Experience in liaising with suppliers and contractors
- Experience of working in a fast-paced environment
How to Apply
Click APPLY and fill in as much information as you can in the track record section of the application, paying close attention to each question.
We are requesting your resume and a cover letter explaining why you are the best person for this position.
Applications close by 5pm on Friday 10th September 2021.
SeaLink Travel Group is committed to providing equal employment opportunities and embracing diversity to the benefit of all. We actively encourage applications from any background. We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.