- Professional Development Opportunity
- Supportive training
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Are you passionate about cooking and wish to make a real difference? To enhance our team further, an exciting opportunity exists for a suitably qualified Chef to join our kitchen.
Our Food Service department strives to bring quality food, to improve the Newcastle Private Hospital patient experience.
We are looking for a Chef who:
- Is passionate about their trade
- Is a natural born leader
- Together with our senior team members, places personal pride on a team delivering great patient meals and care.
We offer Competitive Salary negotiable for the right candidate and a supportive management team.
As a Chef at the Newcastle Private Hospital, your responsibilities will include:
- Leading our fresh food service department, whilst working towards the production of the best hospital food service standards in Newcastle
- Being hands on whilst working calmly and positively influencing our kitchen team
- Produce and present exceptional food
- Ensure kitchen hygiene is maintained to food safety standards
- Ensure all dietary requirements are catered for
- Provide an excellent standard of patient care/customer service that meets the needs of all patients and customers at this facility
- Good working knowledge of HACCP and all associated food preparation, meal delivery, dietary, hygiene/cleaning requirements.
- Training of kitchen team
- Good time management
- Personal and organisational skills
- Maintaining food stock levels with cost efficient ordering
- Maintaining our food safety program and associated HACCP documentation
- Help lead, supervise, mentor, coach and develop the food service team as a whole
Newcastle Private Hospital is a 189 bed, acute, private hospital facility co-located on the John Hunter Campus at Rankin Park. The hospital has 11 theatres including a hybrid theatre and a 15 bed Intensive Care Unit. It also has a cardiac suite including a cardiac catheter laboratory and a 16 bed Coronary Care Unit. A private maternity suite including 6 birthing suites and a special care baby nursery is available for families in the Newcastle region.
Newcastle Private Hospital is owned and operated by Healthscope, a leading private health operator of 42 private hospitals across Australia.
- Certificate III in Commercial Cooking
- Good working knowledge and understanding of HACCP regulations
- Reliable, team orientated, stable employment history
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Compassionate, motivated, positive outlook
- Excellent time management and people skills together with a logical and methodical approach to the work at hand
- General knowledge of computers with the ability to, after training, use the Food Service Department's computerised systems
- Good employment history
- Available for shifts over a 7-day roster including weekend work
- Leadership Experience in restaurant/hotel food service environment
- Provide 2 reference contacts from previous GMs or direct managers
Applications close: 9 August 2022
For further enquiries: Peter Sheehan, Food Services Manager - Peter.Sheehan@healthscope.com.au
To Apply: Please click on the 'Apply' button to be taken to our online application form. Please include a cover letter and your CV along with the contact details of 2 professional referees.