Project Manager - Major Projects
- Largest family-owned equipment hire company | Work Flexibility
- Be onsite with exciting major projects across all industries
- Competitive salary + dual cab Hilux & fuel card + Profit share scheme
Kennards Hire is looking for a Project Manager who is driven by success, thrives in a fast paced environment and is known for their ability to build and maintain strong relationships with our customers and internal stakeholders.
Reporting to the State Major Projects Manager, this role is part of the Kennards Major Projects division and responsible for supporting individual major projects on site with our customers.
The Project Manager will work closely with nearby General Hire branches to meet the business requirements of our major projects customers and co-ordinating on- site related tasks to ensure customer experience and financial targets are met.
- End to end management of projects for Kennards Major Projects Customers.
- Plan project staffing/equipment levels to meet Customer project needs
- Develop and maintain strong customer relationships and networks
- Prepare end of month/end of project reports and improvement actions, manage project profitability, complete safety work method statements
- Assist with preparation of subcontractor purchase orders as well as co-ordinate and plan site scheduling, including deliveries
- Assist in variation submissions and review Site plans received from client
- General project admin and correspondence with clients, suppliers, subcontractors, consultants
- Asset management
- As some projects may be in remote area, travel is a requirement of the role.
Required skills & experience
- Demonstrated previous experience engaging with customers in a management/supervisory role, with the ability to effectively delegate and deliver.
- Strong financial acumen and experience managing P&L's
- Proven track record in end to end project management on a large scale within the building/construction industry
- Must have a current drivers licence and own transport
- Able to multitask and manage schedules
- Intermediate experience in Microsoft (excel, word etc)
- Attention to detail
Why join the family
- We are Australia and New Zealand's largest family-owned equipment hire company\
- We are a great place to work certified employer offering a great company and team culture no matter where you work
- Our values are at the heart of everything we do; One Family, Fair Dinkum, Taking Hire Higher & Every Customer a Raving Fan
- We offer great Benefits & Rewards such as;
- Profit Share bonus
- Paid Parental Leave
- Extensive training and development throughout your career with us
- Career progression and internal transfer opportunities - across state and international borders
- Staff discount rates on our hire gear
- Access to our employee benefits program including discounts on insurance, eye care, travel and more!
- Annual Awards night, Team BBQs and many other fun social events
Please note: Background/Police Checks will be carried out as part of the recruitment process