COUNCIL has delayed adopting the Redland City Plan for two weeks after Cr Murray Elliott called on Capalaba MP Don Brown to ask the planning minister to make a change.
Earlier this month Planning Minister Cameron Dick said the draft plan – submitted 15 months ago – could be adopted with conditions.
One of Mr Dick’s amendments was that some blocks could be reduced below 400 square metres if “the resultant lots are consistent with the density and character of the surrounding established neighbourhood”.
Cr Elliott said he had asked Mr Brown to take up with Mr Dick whether the variation could be removed, meaning no blocks could be smaller than 400 square metres.
Council adjourned its meeting until July 6 at 8.30am to allow time for the minister to respond.
Work on the plan started in October 2013.
After consultation, a draft was submitted to Mr Dick in March last year.
Redland City Council is already considering amendments that it wants implemented after the government approves the plan.
Sign up for our newsletter to stay up to date.