WITH the rising popularity of home improvement television shows, home owners have never before been so keen to give renovating a go, but when choosing paint colour, most are daunted and end up picking plain white.
To make a house a home, renovate for profit, or get a creative paint or wallpaper project started, usually a little help is required.
The experienced team at Bristol Paints at Capalaba encourage the use of shades and colour variations to make spaces feel personalised which, according to owner Danielle Carroll, is ultimately what decorating is all about.
“It’s all about you and what makes you feel good,” Danielle said.
“Although colour choice is a direct reflection of our personality, it’s also the first thing people notice when they walk into a room, and it can actually influence our moods and our thoughts.”
This advertising feature is sponsored by the following business;
Resulting from a surge of television influenced DIY renovators, the Bristol team have called upon colour consultation and decorating advice from The Block judge, Shaynna Blaze.
An Australian interior designer and television personality, Blaze has also appeared as a co-host on SellingHouses Australia and Buying Blind and she is also an ambassador for Taubmans paints.
“We rely on the Taubmans 10 Commandments of Colours when consulting, which Shaynna Blaze has developed from her experience,” Danielle said.
The 10 Commandments of Colour are:
- 60/30/10 Rule – Divide your room.
- Embrace Emotions – Understand your connection to a colour.
- Complementary Colours – Directly opposite, visually striking.
- Analogous Colours – Colours next to each other, casual feel.
- Bright Colours – Create the illusion of space.
- Colour Combinations – Cool colours recede, warm colours come at you.
- Add Black – Create a sophisticated edge.
- Warm Up, Cool Down – Warm your room or cool down to feel fresh and clean.
- Neutral Palette – This is not just beige, rich caramel browns can create a fun twist.
- Colour Memories – Use colour from your past to create fond memories.
“These valuable tips and our help will ensure your project will come together with ease and will make it an enjoyable process,” Danielle said.
With a keen love of life in the Bayside, Danielle and her husband Dan, along with baby Eloise, are a part of the Bristol Franchise Group to share their passion for decorating with their community.
Come and see them at the BIG red building. Unit 1, 172 Redland Bay Road, Capalaba.