MOVIEGOERS were evacuated from Victoria Point cinemas on Saturday night due to a small fire.
A Queensland Fire and Emergency Services spokesperson said the fire had broken out in a refuse area about 9.30pm.
The spokesperson said that firefighters had used extinguishers to put out the fire.
A police spokesperson said preliminary investigations had found the fire was due to an electrical fault.
Moviegoers left the cinemas when fire alarms went off.
Police were on scene to control traffic, while paramedics responded as a precaution.
It is understood that the cinemas were closed after the evacuation.