Three men charged after armed robbery spate, gun threats made to Capalaba servo attendant

THREE men allegedly involved in a car jacking and spate of armed robberies, including at a Capalaba servo, have been remanded in custody.

A Queensland Police Service spokesperson said three men were charged after the vehicle they travelled in was tracked to Wacol earlier this week.

“(The) three men fled on foot before being arrested nearby,” the spokesperson said.

The spokesperson said it would be alleged the three had forced a 28-year-old man from his Toyota Corolla as he arrived to his Mount Gravatt East home about 10.30pm on Friday.

“The victim was allegedly threatened with a firearm before being assaulted and forced from his vehicle,” the spokesperson said.

The group then allegedly travelled in the vehicle to Compton Road at Woodridge where they attempted to break into a service station.

The spokesperson said police later responded to reports of an armed robbery at a service station at Hillcrest at 12.30am on Saturday.

“Two people allegedly smashed their way into the service station before threatening the female console operator with a firearm and crowbar and stealing cash and cigarettes,” the spokesperson said.

The spokesperson said it would be alleged the same group broke into a Mount Cotton Road service station at Capalaba about 2.45am before threatening an attendant with a gun and stealing cash and cigarettes.

Just after 3am on Monday, two people smashed the glass doors of a Railway Terrace service station at Goodna, the spokesperson said.

“The employee locked herself in a back office while the pair allegedly stole cash registers and fled the scene,” the spokesperson said.

“Police tracked the vehicle to Wacol where three men fled on foot before being arrested nearby.”

The spokesperson said a 25-year-old Slacks Creek man and two Holland Park men – aged 18 and 29 – were charged.

They were charged with four counts of armed robbery, three counts each of unlawful use of a motor vehicle, enter premises and commit an indictable offence and one count of attempted enter premises to commit an indictable offence.

All three appeared at Ipswich Magistrates Court on Monday and were remanded in custody to reappear on January 30.

The spokesperson said police continued their investigation into the offences.

Always dial Triple Zero (000) in an emergency,

Report crime to Policelink on 131 444 or Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.