Update Friday 9.30am
SHOWERS and storms that have lashed the south-east over the past week have subsided and the forecast is looking good for the Redlands across the weekend.
Roads that were closed or blocked off due to flooding on Thursday - including Serpentine Creek Road, Rocky Passage Road, Birkdale Road and Avalon Road - have reopened while Moores Road, Pitt Road, Collingwood Road and Allan Day Drive are still affected.
There is a 40 per cent of showers on Saturday and a 60 per cent chance on Sunday but falls are unlikely to pass a few millimetres.
It will put an end to a soggy week that saw sports fields, parks and properties flooded across the south-east.
According to the Weather Bureau, a total of 397 millimetres had fallen in February to 9am this morning.
It is the most rain for a single month in more than a year, with 257 millimetres in January and 205 millimetres in March 2019 the closest contenders.
Council has also announced that the Redlands Coast Sports Gala scheduled for Saturday, February 15 at the Redland Showgrounds has been cancelled due to ongoing rain and waterlogged fields.
NINE roads are still affected by floodwaters across the Redlands but the forecast is looking good for Friday and the weekend.
The Weather Bureau gives Redlands a 60 per cent chance of rain on Friday, 40 per cent on Saturday and 60 per cent on Sunday.
Unlike recent days, rainfall totals are expected top out at about five to six millimetres over the next week.
Roads that are currently closed or blocked off by floodwaters include Moores Road, Avalon Road, Pitt Road, Collingwood Road, Allan Day Drive, Rickertt Road, Serpentine Creek Road, Rocky Passage Road and Birkdale Road.
SEVERE thunderstorms are no longer affecting the south-east but a coastal trough is still bringing heavy rain to the region.
A total of 23.2 millimetres has fallen on the Redlands since 9am, with the heaviest falls coming just after midday.
The rain has caused flash flooding on the roads at Sheldon, Birkdale, Redland Bay and Wellington Point.
Moores Road, Avalon Road, Pitt Road, Collingwood Road, Allan Day Drive, Serpentine Creek Road, Rocky Passage Road and Birkdale Road are currently affected.
Council sand-bagging stations are open at Cleveland, Russell Island, Macleay Island and North Stradbroke Island until 6pm.
Locations include:— Redland City Council (@RedlandCouncil) February 13, 2020
📍 Cleveland South Street Council Depot - Entry via South Street
📍 Russell Island Council Depot - Entry via High Street
📍 North Stradbroke Island Council Depot - Entry via Mitchell Crescent
📍 Macleay Island Council Depot - Entry via Scarborough Terrace
THE Redlands has been included in the warning area for severe thunderstorms that are expected to hit the Sceneic Rim, Gold Coast and Logan in the next hour.
The Weather Bureau said the thunderstorms were producing heavy rain and flash flooding, with 61 millimetres falling in an hour at Coombabah this morning.
Update Thursday 9.30am
TROPICAL Cyclone Uesi has been downgraded to a category-two system but the Weather Bureau is still warning of damaging surf conditions as it tracks south.
Despite the weather looking ominous for boaties, rain is set to ease back in the Redlands over the coming days.
There is just a 60 per cent of showers and a possible storm on Friday, while falls over the weekend are set to be significantly less than what has fallen across the south-east in the last week.
There is a 40 per cent chance of showers on Saturday and a 60 per cent chance on Sunday, with temperatures set to reach a top of 30 degrees.
The catch is Redlanders will need to endure another soggy Thursday where falls between 20 and 60 millimetres are forecast.
Another storm on Wednesday evening saw the rainfall total surpass 300 millimetres for the month, with about 110 millimetres dropping on Alexandra Hills in the last 24 hours.
Police Minister Mark Ryan is urging motorists to take care on the roads after a spate of accidents around Queensland.
"We all have a responsibility to make good decisions on the road to keep other drivers and ourselves safe," Mr Ryan said.
"But that is especially the case during extreme weather events.
"We are seeing significant amounts of rain fall in short periods of time which is having a big impact on many roads.
"Of course, if it's flooded forget it. But the need for caution and restraint extends beyond that."
BOATIES are being warned of rough conditions on the water as Tropical Cyclone Uesi tracks towards the east coast.
The category three cyclone is not predicted to make landfall but the Weather Bureau expects large swells and more heavy rain to hit the Redlands by Thursday.
Forecast track for Severe Tropical #CycloneUesi, currently west of New Caledonia. Expected to remain offshore, weakening as it tracks southwest over the next few days. Will bring large & powerful surf for #SEQld coasts from Thurs. Cyclone info: https://t.co/Z48K5feywgpic.twitter.com/JKbMubisJq— Bureau of Meteorology, Queensland (@BOM_Qld) February 11, 2020
It comes as the region cops another morning downpour and the monthly rainfall total climbs to 287.7 millimetres.
The Weather Bureau has also issued a severe weather warning for the Redlands, with a slow moving band of thunderstorms expected to produce heavy rainfall that could lead to flash flooding over the next hour.
⚠️SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING: A slow moving band of heavy showers and thunderstorms is likely to produce heavy rainfall leading to flash flooding. Affected locations may include Coolangatta, Cleveland, Moreton Island, Tangalooma, Cape Moreton. Warnings: https://t.co/FBmpsInT9opic.twitter.com/LGs9CeD7Kb— Bureau of Meteorology, Queensland (@BOM_Qld) February 11, 2020
Redland City Council are urging people who think their property may be at risk of flooding to visit sand bagging stations at Cleveland, Russell Island and North Stradbroke Island before 6pm this evening.
The rain has also wrecked havoc on the roads, with traffic at a standstill at places like Mount Cotton and Cleveland during the morning commute to work and school.
It was slow going for motorists along Mount Cotton Road and Valley Way after a two-vehicle crash at the intersection of Beenleigh Redland Bay Road and Fischer Road, Carbrook.
A Queensland Ambulance spokeswoman said four people were treated for minor injuries on scene with three later transported to Redland Hospital in a stable condition.
She said paramedics were called to the scene about 7.32am.
Read more local news here.