HISTORY: Flying boats at Redland Bay 

Updated November 20 2013 - 3:12am, first published 2:30am
A Qantas Short Sandringham VH-EBV Pacific Warrior flying boat landing at Redland Bay from Sydney after resumption of services to Noumea and Suva in 1953.
The last flying boat to use Redland Bay. Ansett FBS Short Sandringham VH-BRF Islander makes its last fly-past on its departure for Sydney at 5.15pm on October 25, 1971.

Redland Bay played an important part in the history of flying boats between 1953 and 1972.

Advertisement

Ad