Cleveland State School has been an integral part of the local Redlands community, establishing itself as a well-respected, well-resourced school, with a dedicated team of staff and volunteers who support and encourage learners to experience daily success.
Cleveland State School was opened on 27 April 1868, only nine years after separation brought Queensland into existence as a separate colony.
There were under 40 state schools in operation in the whole of the colony.
This places Cleveland State School as an original institution in the Redlands.
We look forward to celebrating our success as a Redlands original at our school fete – October 13, 2018. "Principal Mark Ionn
Now at 150-years-old in 2018, the school has come a long way from when members of the local committee originally came together to establish a school settled on refitting an old shop into a school.
A new site was established in 1915, the very same land that exists today.
Gone are the ink wells and chalk boards as the school evolved to meet the demands of the 21st century.
Redlands families and local businesses have forged strong partnerships with the school to enable Cleveland State to achieve its purpose of enabling each student to achieve personal success and a love of learning through quality education.
Cleveland State School has over 700 students, and was selected as an Independent Public School in 2016.
The school is accredited to deliver international student programs, offering students a flexible, respectful, safe and supportive environment, with a growing reputation for inclusivity, internationalism and teaching excellence. It’s consistent teaching approach has become known as the ‘Cleveland way’.
The school caters for prep to year 6 students with on-site Outside School Hours Care.
The school’s theme for 2018 is 150 years strong.
Staff and students look forward to celebrating their success as a Redlands original at its school fete on Saturday, October 13.
- To learn more visit Cleveland State School online at clevelandss.eq.edu.au. You will find the school located at the corner of Queen and Wynyard Streets, Cleveland.