FEDERAL FLOOD ASSISTANCE
As flooding continues to impact large parts of NSW and Queensland, more Australian Defence Force personnel and support measures are being deployed to affected areas
* As of Tuesday morning, $282 million in government disaster payments have been made to 242,000 people.
* $157 million has been paid to a total of 135,000 flood victims in NSW, while $125 million has been distributed among 107,000 Queensland flood victims.
* There are 2281 ADF personnel deployed across the two states, including 460 from the navy, 1342 from the army and 479 from the air force.
* An additional 680 troops will be deployed to flood areas by the end of Tuesday.
* There have been 12 ADF helicopters that have been deployed to provide support, and have carried out 78 air missions,.
* In NSW, 763 ADF personnel are on the ground, with 458 in Lismore.
* NSW ADF support will rise to 1263 by the end of Tuesday, of which, more than 950 will be in Lismore.
* In the next 24 hours, ADF troops will be on the ground in Evans Head, Coraki, Woodburn and Broadwater in NSW, along with Gympie, Gatton, St Lucia, Fairfield, Graceville, Rocklea, Esk, Gatton, Grantham and Goodna in Queensland.
* There have been 1288 ADF personnel deployed in Queensland.
Australian Associated Press
Sign up for our newsletter to stay up to date.